–{•¶‚ÖƒWƒƒƒ“ƒv

RUINS IN OITA „ Funai Castle
ŸThe site of Funai castle (Oita ruins of a castle park)


£The view from south


Address: Niagemachi, Oita city

(Google Map)

Parking lot: Available

Access: It is 10-minute walk from JR Oita station

Oita bus/Oita koutuu (in front of Oita city hall/Godo newspaper office) bus stop get off and be immediate



Hunai castle was started to build by Hukuhara Naotaka who came in1597(Keityou2).

The repair of the castle tower was done by Takenaka Sigetoshi which it was Edo era, and became Hunai feudal lord and was completed.

A military commander of Oita is Otomo, but he has nothing to do because it is far from Oita in1593.

Please be careful.

(Otomofs house is Otomo House.)

Hunai castle was very big, because originally Hukuhara Naotaka where he had began to build it entered in 120,000 Goku.

Afterwards, he went to Usuki, and Hayakawa Nagatoshi of the chief administrator became the lord of a castle instead.

Takenaka Shigetoshi came in the Edo era and almost finished the castle.

Afeudal lord such as Takenaka Shigetoshi and HinenoYoshiaki served the lord of a castle from generation to generation.

When Matudaira came in the teens after 1658,(Meireki4) the castle continued until the Meiji Restoration.

However, some buildings were completely damaged by a big earthquake in 1707(Houei4).

And it was destroyed by fire in many buildings in 1743(Kyouhou3), and the castle tower was lost, too.

Furthermore, after the Meiji Restoration, the outworks of a castle and outermost outworks were destroyed, and only a main enclose was left.

A terrible air raid in 1945(Syouwa20) in Oita, and remaining most were broken.

The castle tower was not restored, but Ote Gate and oar, Rouka-Bashi were restored now.

You can in this way feel a then atmosphere.

In addition, Oita prefecturefs office was put from 1872(Meiji5) through 1962(Syowa37) in the castle.

After it moved, Oita Cultural Center was built (Closed in 2013).


‚`DOte-Gate (Tamon-yaguramon)


It is entrance of the current Hunai castle trace.

I wrote it in the title in a parenthesis.

However, the full name is (Tamon-yaguramon).

It was destroyed by an air raid of Oita, but it was restored to the original state in 1965.




‚aDSyuumonyagura

It is one of the things which were left without being destroyed a little with Hitojitiyagura in Hunai castle.

The current building was rebuilt in 1854(Ansei1).

It is thought that it was built on a method and a scale of the construction at the time of the castle.

Seeing from the outside, the one layer shows it like the left photograph.

It does the unique structure that it is two levels in the form that half cuts into a stone wall like a right photograph when it turns around inward.

It is the method that was taken because this did not arrange the stand of the oar on this part.


‚bDTensyudai(The castle tower trace)

It was built as the center of the Hunai castle in 1602(Keityou7) by Takenaka Shigetoshi.

It was four floors, and it was about 16 meters high.

However, it was destroyed by fire in 1743(Kanhou3).

There after, the castle tower is not rebuilt, and only the stone wall of the castle is left now.

By the way, you can climb the castle tower and can look at the state in the castle.



‚cDOgufs small shrine


Under the Tenshudai at westside, there is the Ogufs small shrine whose father was Hukuhara Naotaka.

When Naotaka built a castle, he was troubled by repeated floods.

Therefore because Ogu helped as sacrifice, she held Benzaiten made from wood, and died.

Afterwards, the construction of castle advanced, and Ogu was considered to be the guardian angel of the castle.




‚dDHitojitiyagura

The current oar was rebuilt in a building of the Edo era to stay with Syuumonyagura in 1861(Bunkyuu1)

It let hostages according to the name.


‚eDKabukimon trace


Between the passages from a western citadel to Rouka-Bashi, there was the gate without the roof called Kabukimon.

The stone in both sides is the cause.

 





‚fDKabukimon trace


It restored the corridor which linked Yamasatomaru(It is Matuei Shrine) to the western citadel of the castle as one of the business of the 30th anniversary of new Oita city birth in1996 (Heisei8)

It reproduces the Rouka-Bashi remainder of the Ote Gate which became the base faithfully to the inside

It is available from 8:00 to 18:00. 

An upper photograph is an outside state, and a lower photograph is an inside photograph.





‚gDKeityoufs stone wall

It is a stone wall found during excavation for the reconstruction of Rouka-Bashi of the upper the column.

It is a stone wall at the time of the construction of a castle of the Hunai castle according to the name.

In the place where Shouei Shrine was built, this stone wall has surrounded it now at the place where an entertainment such as tea ceremony, Noh and the viewing the moon as carried out.



‚hDSyouei Shrine

It was built by Matudaira Tikatomo who was sixth generation of the Hunai feudal lord in 1729(Kyouhou4).

It was just built in the same place for Konsyouhatimanguu.

It was moved Shouei mountain (The place of Oita Defense of the fatherland Sinto shrine now) in 1799(Kansei11) and called Konsyoudaimyouzin.

Afterwards, it was changed the name Sumiyoshi daimyouzin.

The name called Matuei was associated with Matuei Mountain in Meiji era.

And it was moved Horikawa town (The place of Miyako-machi/MizuhoBank now) in 1885(Meiji18).

Afterwards, it moved to the current place in 1900(Meiji33).

The current building was rebuilt in 1968(Syouwa43).





‚iDThe grave of Takenaka Sigetosi


He become a feudal lord in 1601, and complete Hunai castle, and there is a grave of Takenaka which made of the town beside Shouei Shinto shrine.

 




@ªRETURN TO TOP